EPA and PMRA Registrations and Tolerances (MRLs)

Pesticide products require U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registration before they can be sold and used in the United States. In Canada, Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) registration is similarly required.  Pesticide uses that could result in dietary exposure require food use authorizations, i.e., pesticide residue tolerances or tolerance exemptions in the United States and  maximum residue limits (MRLs) in Canada. Conn & Smith specialize in obtaining the regulatory authorizations needed for pesticide food uses in the United States and Canada.  These include, e.g., conventional and biochemical insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, plant growth regulators, and attractants.

Image of different vegetables
Coffee beans, a cow, and tomatoes